Sunday, June 23, 2013

Edith Scarf

This is a new project (I know, I know).

I became interested in shawls and shawl patterns while working on the Flock of Geese shawl, of which more in a moment. This led me to the Edith shawl which is a free pattern courtesy of Lion Brand and looks like this, and is here.


At first I tried it in this chunky Galaxy yarn. It is a Noro-esque colour, it is soft and it has sequins, what's not to like. OK, well not everyone likes sequins, and it is acrylic, but apart from that.


Sadly, although I like the yarn, I don't think this pattern is good for it. I just didn't like the way it was working out.




So then I thought I would go down in gauge and up in quality, from chunky acrylic to some cream DK weight silk (Pure Silk by Debbie Bliss) that I scooped up for practically nothing in a sale a few years ago and have been saving. I think this is a very attractive pattern and doing it in a more delicate yarn in a neutral colour will yield a much nicer result. So I will show more photos as they happen.





No comments: