Friday, April 05, 2013

Louisa Harding Mila

I am a little bit obsessed with this new yarn. It's 91% cotton and 9% polyester. Gauge 18 sts and 26 rows, 5mm needles. It is soft and has a ply of golden sparkly stuff in it. It looks like sweets. I am obsessed with the colours and the gold sparkle. I have a few balls in yellow and orange. Look at this.



 And now look at the pattern support. I can't stop looking at this pattern book. I keep looking at that red, orange and pink sweater which is nearly identical to the red, orange and pink Colourful Top that I've almost finished making, which just shows what a creature of habit I am.






I am seriously thinking about making that top there with the frilly hem and sleeves. Seriously. I think it is because the yarn is frivolous and therefore it seems to need a frivolous design to show it off. I am thinking about making it in yellow with orange trim. It will either be awful and tacky or amazing. I think I'm willing to take a chance on it. I'm desperate to see how it knits up.

No comments: