Thursday, April 04, 2013

Green Silk Happiness, finally washed.

When this is dry, it's ready to wear. I can't do another thing with it.

The pattern for this garment is called the Simple Knitted Bodice and I used the recommended yarn which is a  Tilli Thomas silk with no twist in it. I have to say, I did not find this at all simple to make which perhaps explains why it took me 6 or 7 years to complete. This is coming from someone who can turn out large intarsia projects and a twelve-foot lace shawl. Would not knit again. Never mind, at least it's done now. Here it is drying. Then I can face the challenge of finding some way to store it and maybe even occasionally wear it. It certainly has its fair share of mistakes, clumpy areas and loose stitches, none of which silk yarn is going to forgive, and we are just going to write off these mistakes as 'rustic' or something.


No comments: