Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crochet

I have just learned to crochet! I have made lots of previous attempts but they were beyond hopeless. The thing is, I look at Twinkie Chan's work, and I look at amigurumi and I can see that crochet is something I need and want to do. So I had another go last Sunday and it suddenly clicked! I made a granny square that came out square, look!


After that, there was no stopping me. I took three balls of Gedifra Riana Big in green and some Rowan Big Wool in pink, and knocked up a version of the so-called One-Skein Scarf from the Stitch'n'Bitch crochet book. The flower, which I haven't attached yet because I haven't decided how I want the scarf to look, is from the Garden Scarf pattern in the same book.

I am going to wet-block this scarf and I hope that doing so will open up the fabric, as it is quite a pleasing mesh when you stretch it out. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: