Monday, May 31, 2010

Green Silk Happiness lives on.

Here's a project you haven't seen for a while: Green Silk Happiness, aka the Simple Knitted Bodice, in green silk by Tilli Tomas. I had a sudden burst of activity on this top-down sweater last night, cast off the bottom edge, and I'm calling it 50% done.





I have had terrible sizing angst since this project was born in 2007. At first I knit it way too large, and had to unravel, which the yarn did not like at all. Then I couldn't be bothered to unravel the bust, so I re-knit it from the bust down in a size smaller and left the top part big. Then I had angst about the top being too big, and finally I let it sit in the UFO pile for a good long time, about two years.

Anyways. In the extremely long time that this sweater was in the UFO pile, I apparently have put some weight on. Because when I tried on this sweater again, quite recently, it seemed to fit. So I am just going to finish it. It has awaited completion long enough. I am just going to do the sleeves and wear the damn thing.

I'll let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

07_TeddyF_Silvey0 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AlysiaDraeger0417永瑞 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.