Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baby Yoda Sweater and Umbilical Cord Hat

Welcome to the world, little Elsie Edwards, daughter of my friend Stuart, born 2008.

She's about 6 weeks old already and I've just finished making her a Baby Yoda Sweater and Umbilical Cord Hat. Check this out for matching cuteness. The yarn is Rowan All Seasons Cotton Printed in a nice summery orange/yellow.


The Umbilical Cord Hat is from the Stitch'n'Bitch Handbook. I reduced the width of the I-cord from four stitches to three. Why? So it would perfectly match the ties on the little wrapover jacket. I think the UC Hat is so sweet in this colourway, it's like a Halloween pumpkin costume.

The sweater, for which I found the pattern on Ravelry, has four pieces of I-cord holding it together. It rather elegantly ties on the inside, then on the outside.



Awww! How sweet is that? Now let's see what we can do to finish the pink number I'm knitting for Clara.

3 comments:

Cinders said...

ooh very cute! love the colours.

i'm running a blogiversary comp if your interested/

Kay said...

Too cute. Love the summery colours.

Cyber Monday said...

very interesting. thanks for the insight.

jay
Umbilical Cord Info