Sunday, December 16, 2007

FO Photoshoot: Perugino II & Basil Portraits

It's time for some knitting p0rn; Perugino II and Basil are all blocked, finished & stitched into place and are ready for their final photo-call.

First, the majestic Perugino II, draped artfully on cushions & such.



Basil is finished - and guess what, readers, so keen was I to do a lovely job on this sweater that I actually took out the iron, got myself a damp tea-towel and pressed those seams, just like they tell you on page 15. It's looking so gorgeous now, there on the hanger, that I am actually scared to try it on in case it doesn't fit.


Now, I must confess that I have started a new pair of socks. Yes, another pair. I've been feeling very virtuous as a result of the discipline of NOvember, which helped me complete the above FOs, but kept me from knitting any new socks. I've therefore rewarded myself with a flirty treat of a sock project that combines three magical elements in one. Here are the three magic ingredients:
  1. Jaywalker sock pattern by Grumperina (is here). This pattern from Sep 2005 is still sweeping the knitting world like wildfire and I can't believe I haven't yet expressed it in yarn. Now is the time.
  2. Short, wooden, 2.5mm DPNs. These little, wooden needles are light, warm and delicate. They're only 5" long instead of the usual 6", so there's no excess needle sticking out all over your knitting. I picked up these Brittany needles at the recent Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace and I've been waiting for a chance to use them ever since.
  3. Regia Silk Color yarn. They've been raving about this on the Angel Yarns forum and I had to try it. Pure silk is not great for socks (no memory, for a start) but Regia Silk is 55% merino, 25% polyamide & 20% silk so it has all the functional properties of sock yarn but feels totally luxurious.

    Yum yum.

And finally, the Pink Lana Grossa Socks are making great progress. The first sock is done already. I knit half while commuting since the start of the month, and the other half in a single evening on Friday. I'm planning to make the second sock as quickly as possible so I can give the pair to Cal, whose birthday it was the other day. I'm going to have yarn left over so I plan to make a miniature pair for little Clara at the same time. Does anyone know how many inches long the feet of a child aged 15 months should be?

5 comments:

Aberdonian said...

Those Jaywalkers are yummy! So deliciously zingy fruity for the winter!

And Perugino and Basil are looking great as well.

Kay said...

Both throw and sweater are just gorgeous. Also, how fantastic do those Jaywalkers look? Love the stripes.

stash haus said...

Everything looks wonderful! I really love Basil. Hope you love it just as much when you try it on.

Susan @ Damn, Knit & Blast It said...

Oh! Basil looks superb!!

And you are tempting me with perugino....it looks so soft and luxurious...It must be your expert blocking!

ContinentalCat said...

I love your Perugino, such lovely colours, and the socks are just good enough to eat.

And well done on getting the iron out...