Friday, August 24, 2007

Sock Yarn

One of my online friends and I are negotiating a swap. She has magazines and wants sock yarn. I have sock yarn and want magazines. Let's see if we can tempt her ...

Top row, L-R:
  • Opal Prisma self-striping in a lovely nutty brown. 100g ball.
  • Opal Prisma in cherry red, 100g.

Middle row, L-R:

  • Opal Prisma in rich purple, 100g.
  • Angel Yarns hand-dyed sock yarn, 99g, ready-wound into a ball. Variegated shades of pink, yellow and lilac.
  • Fortissima Socka cotton blend sock yarn, softer than soft! 100g ball in fresh shades of blue, palest green, turquoise - makes lovely stripes of varying width.

Bottom row, L-R:

  • Angel Yarns hand-dyed sock yarn, 98g, ready-wound into a ball. Variegated jewel-like shades of blue & green knit up into dazzling socks (I know, I've made some).
  • Two skeins of the uber-desirable Lorna's Laces hand-dyed sock yarn, 117g in total. Beautiful shades of ivory, milky coffee, and some colours so subtle they don't have names.

Nice, huh?

1 comment:

Aberdonian said...

Very nice, if it was me, I'd choose the Angel Yarns in pink and yellow.