Monday, August 06, 2007

Love it, like it, try it.

I've just spotted a new meme over at Grumperina's. The original concerns crafting in general and it's self-explanatory, I think.

4. Love it! This is my thing.
Hand knitting, knitwear design, writing and blogging about knitting.

3. I do or have dabbled in it.
Crochet, quilting. I don't mind crochet, it is useful if you knit. Quilting was a long time ago and I have no plans to go back to it.

2. I'll give it a try.
Dressmaking, spinning, rug hooking, dyeing. The one I'm most excited about here is dressmaking, I urgently need a sewing machine and some lessons!

1. I've got absolutely no interest.
Cross stitch. Card making. Scrapbooking. Cooking.

If you need a list of creative activities to stimulate your imagination, look here.


As you can see, the above is about all sorts of crafts. But you could easily generate such a meme specifically about knitting, in which case it would go like this:

4. Love it! This is my thing.
Stocking stitch. Luxury yarns, esp silk, bamboo, linen. Circular needles, esp Addis. Insanely ambitious big projects, eg giant intarsia baby blankets. Intarsia. Having a lot of projects on the go at one time. Colours so rich and bright they hurt your eyes.

3. I do or have dabbled in it.
Fair isle. Lace. Cables. DPNs. Magic Loop. Pure wool. Synthetic blends. Mass production: last Xmas I turned out around 20 gift hats. Sweaters. Socks. Baby clothes.

2. I'll give it a try.
Double knitting. Continental knitting. Knitting dollies for I-cord.

1. I've got absolutely no interest.
Most things in garter stitch. Scarves, long or short. Shawls (only for myself though, have no problem making them as gifts). Stuffed toys.


That's all until next time when there will be exciting Perugino-related news.

No comments: