Sunday, March 25, 2007

Perugino: first sightings

Brighton - was OK. I got a little knitting done, and tons of work. I took the AY sky blue socks with me and now I'm into the cuff of Sock 2. Not quite the complete pair I was hoping for, but not bad progress nonetheless.

I had to wait until yesterday (Saturday) to play with Perugino. Here's the yarn:


Left to right:

  • Tagliatelli (90% merino, 10% nylon0) in Tapis;
  • Mohair (78% mohair, 13% wool, 9% nylon) in Tapis;
  • Giotto (50% cotton, 40%rayon & 10% nylon) in Windfall;
  • Mohair in Earth;
  • Giotto in Fruit Coulis;
  • Mohair in Frangipani.

I unpacked the yarn, wound it into balls and started knitting on Saturday morning - such fun! I've loads to say another time about:

  • my revised feelings about knitting kits
  • working with surprising colours you wouldn't have chosen
  • knitting with mohair for the first time

But all this can wait. For now, let's just say that the Colinette-supplied pattern is easy, the needles large and so the results are quick. Here's a glimpse of the perfectly lovely fabric that's coming off the needles:

Wow, if I say so myself.

1 comment:

Susan @ Damn, Knit & Blast It said...

Damn!
That looks good enough to eat!

I'll be watching to further sightings....