Saturday, February 17, 2007

A summer cotton jacket in hot pink.

In my library is this very good pattern book, by Rowan. It's a big hardback, 'The Ultimate Book of Knits'. Dozens of patterns by the best Rowan designers: I'm fond of Lois Daykin and Kim Hargreaves.

I bought the book one day when I was browsing a bookshop. Inside I found this, very slinky, cotton top.

Looking at what yarn the pattern recommended, I found it was Rowan Cotton Glace. Imagine my joy when I found some in the stash! A hot pink shade.

I'd got the pink Glace yarn on sale, seeing that it was nice quality and knowing I'd eventually find a pattern for it. I'd bought the book on spec too, knowing there would be some pattern in there that I wanted to make. It was a beautiful moment when the pattern & stash found each other.

I've started swatching for a sleeve, which has a moss stitch cuff. I've a feeling the gauge is a bit loose, so I might start again.

Try and imagine the brown jacket in that shade, if you will. Yummy.

No comments: