Saturday, February 17, 2007

Stripy baby blanket

This is the UFO that needs the most urgent attention. It is a baby blanket for my colleague Miles. I started it about 8 months ago, and all that remains is to sew in the ends. Here's the back of the blanket: you can see where I've started to weave in ends on the lower right-hand corner. It took the whole of Friday evening just to do that bit. I plan to do some more later today. I really, really want to get this finished before Miles's baby grows up! I'm also looking forward to photographing the finished blanket when it's all washed and blocked. Wait 'til you see the front: it's going to be beautiful.
The pattern is from the Vogue Knitting on the Go series (Baby Blankets). The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. It's lovely and soft to work with, and doesn't split (which is more than I can say for the Elle Stretch I'm using for socks).

No comments: