Monday, February 19, 2007

Progress on the baby blanket: weaving in ends

A short note to record that it was a productive weekend. I:
  • tidied up the knitting corner of my room (it was a nightmare, but now I can see clear floor space!);
  • catalogued most of the recent yarn purchases in my home-made Yarn Index: I'll show photos of this soon, it's great;
  • assiduously weaved in ends on the back of the baby blanket, all the while resisting the call of other knitting.

Around the outside of the blanket are 116 squares of concentric colour. Each square has 4 ends to weave in. So far I have done 40 squares: 76 to go! It takes quite a while if you're doing it carefully, so I anticipate it will take me until at least next weekend to finish sewing all the ends in. If I make determined progress in the evenings this week, I might be able to block it next Sunday. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, I'm quite pleased with myself for having stuck to the urgent tasks and not played around any more with distracting, new projects.

No comments: