Saturday, February 17, 2007

More on the blue lace Elle socks.

Having been a bit busy with the camera today, I've now got some more snaps of WIPs, which I am hoping will motivate me into action. So, here's the first of the current projects.

As you'll see from the last post, I'm making lacy knee-highs with some new Elle yarn: Stretch DK. They are not kidding about the stretch.

The lace pattern is organised around a diamond shape. I initially tried six pattern repeats using this caramel shade, but the sock came out much too wide:
Slightly put off by the chunky appearance of the sock, I restarted it in blue, with five pattern repeats:



That's looking much better, I think you'll agree.

Here's how far I've got: The sock is now progressing quite quickly; it took me a while to memorise the lace pattern, and of course I made plenty of mistakes. It came to New York with me and just yesterday I finished the 18th repeat of the 8-row pattern. I think that will make it long enough.



Now it's time to try on the sock and then turn the heel.

No comments: