Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Hat for Sven

I am still assiduously knitting the Xmas hats (8.5 done now but still lots to go). You can't see them before Xmas - my aim is to get a photo of everyone wearing their hat, if I can.

In the meantime, here's a nice pic of the sort of thing I'm knitting. The pattern is a basic one, from the excellent 2006 book 'Hip Knit Hats'(Carron/Lark) and most of the Xmas hats are variations on this theme. The needles are 8mm dpns. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky. I love the contrasting rhubarb-&-custard colours, which were chosen by the model & recipient, my partner Sven.



2 comments:

Kay said...

Ooh, nice hat. I like the colours a lot.

You've been tagged!

RachelL said...

Thanks Kay! Hope you had a great Christmas and happy knitting new year.