Monday, November 13, 2006

Willow jacket


'Willow' is the latest FO, started & finished October 2006. It was fun to knit & as you can see, I'm enjoying wearing it. The blue furry collar & cuffs are kitsch enough to tickle my sense of humour. Oversized glass buttons add to the overall cheer. Plus, as I recently discovered on a cold weekend in Austria, it's as warm as a coat. Hurrah!

The main yarn is green Ribbon Twist & trimmed in blue Big Wool Tuft (both Rowan). I liked Ribbon Twist a lot, it looks decorative & knits up incredibly quickly - the recommended gauge is 8sts/10cm. The pattern is Willow, in Rowan's Ribbon Twist Collection.

I knit Willow in flat pieces on 10 & 12mm Addi circular needles - smooth & glossy, lovely to work with. The yarn is so huge it's difficult not to throw it, which for me resulted in gauge that was a little bit tight, but I think I got away with it. Next time I'll use larger needles.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi there - thanks for your comment on my Willow at Damn Knit & Blast It http://susancrowe.co.uk/2007/02/11/willow-jacket-all-buttoned-up/

I love your colour way. Don't they look different when you swizzle the colours around? I think I like your choice better! My sleeves look a little "Santa Claus"!!