Thursday, July 06, 2006

Two pairs of Garter Rib socks

These are the very first socks I've ever made, done in May & June 2006.

The pattern is Garter Rib Socks from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks.

The yarn is Regia Crazy Colours six ply. The red & blue socks are in colourway Nordic, and the green ones in colourway Jungle.

To my mind, there is too much mint green & apple green in the latter for it to merit the name 'Jungle'. But never mind. My son, the wearer, likes them so that's what matters.

It was a bit odd knitting socks in 6-ply, they came out very chunky. Four ply seems a lot more sock-like. Anyway, here are the pics.



2 comments:

Karen said...

Great looking socks. Regia is a nice yarn, I've used their Cotton Surf. Well, you've got your first pairs under your belt, now you won't be able to stop knitting them.

RachelL said...

Thanks Karen! I need to get a bunch of up-to-date photos on the site as I've just completed my 6th pair!